Friday, April 27, 2012

Meet My Grandma

If she saw this picture she would have my head on a platter but I love it.  To me it shows the fun loving side of my proud German grandmother.


Yes, that is a "Starbies" cake pop - I couldn't resist introducing the two.

Cake holds a special place in my heart.  My grandmother is an amazing cook and can bake up a mean cake.  All my life the family birthday cake has been a lemon cake with a sugar glaze.  Simple, good.  Even now, my girls and even my husband request it.  That cake pop didn't hold a candle to the cakes baked in that kitchen she is standing in but it didn't keep us from enjoying a treat.

My grandmother has lived in her current house for most of my life.  She bought it new when she downsized after raising her four kids.  A while back I wandered in to her back yard - much to my surprise I found my name and handprint still greets those that step outside.  What a treat, what a trip down memory lane.


I love my grandmother.  She is my last living grandparent, I know it's a blessing to have her.  She really does remind me every time we speak to remember every day is a gift.  Every day is a day given from God, He doesn't promise us tomorrow.  Lesson learned Grandma!  Thank you.

Oh and the polaroid style photos, another piece of my heart because of my grandmother.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment: