Friday, March 2, 2012

Cravings

We've had some cool and wet weather over the last week here in Sunny So Cal.  When this happens I start to crave warm food - this week's craving, lentils.  I happen to be a vegetarian girl so lentils really fill my need for hearty warmth.  Since I sometimes have to be creative with recipes I have a tendency to collect vegetarian cookbooks.  The recipe I used this week comes from one of my favorite of these cookbooks - "Fresh From The Vegetarian Slow Cooker" by Robin Robertson.  (I found mine on Amazon.)



This particular recipe is called "Sloppy Lentils" in other words vegetarian Sloppy Joes.



Here are the ingredients, not at all intimidating is it?!  (Another reason why I love this recipe.)



The final product looks like this, yum - seriously yum.  This was my mid day snack, when I served it to my family for dinner we put it over toasted wheat bread.  I'm making it again tomorrow to serve to friends, I bought some good crusty bread and will serve it along side the lentils.



In other news I bought my big ol' black trash bags and have started my 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge.  I am trying hard to be honest with myself regarding what I really need and what I can let go of.  Wow!  I seem to be more of a hoarder then I realized.  (I bet the hubs already knew this.  Sigh.)




No comments:

Post a Comment