Monday, March 19, 2012

One Of Those Days

You know we all have them, those days when nothing seems to go right.  For me it wasn't a full day of misfortune, but this evening - whoa it was kind of a doozy.  Nothing major, just some little things adding up.  My girls came home from school and just as soon as they burst through the door they burst in to tears (yes, both of them) - breaks my heart.  They weren't fighting, they both were just having one of those days too.  The oldest didn't fare too well on a test she had studied for.  The youngest had issues with a kid at school.  Again, nothing major but just enough to bring tears of frustration.  After some calming words, a phone call from Dad and dinner they seemed to settle in to their usual evening routine.  I pulled out my very seldom used sewing machine to relax and get my creative juices flowing but wouldn't you know it, my bobbin was messed up.  Try as I might I couldn't re-thread it and my owner's manual is no where to be found.  Argh!  After getting the ladies to bed and some decompressing time spent on Pinterest I decided to try my hand at finger knitting (no pun intended).  There are some great tutorials in blog land -- but I found a youtube video that worked best for my style of learning.  It's not hard to pick up so I not only got to be creative tonight, I may have just found a new addiction.  Love it!  Something tells me by next week my house may be covered in yarn.



If you are on the hunt for something simple and creative here is a link to the video I watched.  Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment